"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain


Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Knock Knock!!

Today was move in day! I actually got to sleep in! I slept until 8:26. Then I did the usual check of the phone…seeing what I missed while I was sleeping because you know so much goes on. Continental breakfast was only being served until 9am so I jumped in the shower, scrunched the hair and down we went to breakfast (yes I did dress before leaving the room). For breakfast I attempted some cantaloupe but it tasted like all the other fruit it was mixed with so that was a no-go and the oatmeal was lacking a little but it was food in the tummy!

It was such a beautiful morning out! The sun was shining and it was in the high 50s. Perfect! However by the time we got to the apartments the sun was hiding behind the clouds and it was a bit nippy out. I got the walk through the paperwork and all the keys and amounts of fines which is expected and then I was set free to go forth and find my room!

In searching for my room I started on the bottom floor. Nope! That wasn’t it! So I went up a floor and the numbers got higher, I was looking for 4103 and I wasn’t getting closer so apparently there was a downstairs….how intriguing! So my apartment is on the “basement” floor which I think is nice and cozy. I’m hoping that during the days it won’t be so loud and I’ll be able to sleep better. So we started the unloading of the car. In all reality it didn’t take that long it just got a bit tedious.

We unloaded a bit and decided we had worked up an appetite so in search of food we went. And we ended at Panera. Oh how scrumptious! Then we started running errands. We started at Bed Bath and Beyond to look at a couple things to compare prices. I’m not going to lie, I bought a shroud for my bed there. The thought of sleeping on someone else’s bed (that I don’t know) for the next 3 months is a bit disgusting; especially when I have no idea who the previous inhabitants of that bed were. So the bed is now zipped up in what (to me) looks like a shroud. I also bought, at Kohl’s, a cover for the sofa. The sofa looks like it was teleported out of the 70s in a very very scary kind of way. I wouldn’t even sit on it before the sofa cover was on it.

After Bed Bath and Beyond, Kohls, Walmart, and 2 grocery stores we were on our way back to the apartment to unload the next car load full of stuff. After much unpacking and minimal decorating I’ve realized that I have NO IDEA how everything fit in my car! My dad is a fantastic packer!! My kitchen is stuffed full, my closet is reasonably full and my bathroom is decorated and the bedroom is fair as far as decoration goes. And now I sit here completely exhausted but satisfied with the day’s work watching Midnight in Paris. (Great movie by the way).

Oh! How could I forget! Though I do love my apartment on the basement floor I do not like that I don’t have hardly any reception in this complex. Thankfully I can send and receive text messages but I can barely find a spot to have a phone conversation so that’s going to be a bit of a pain but anything can be dealt with for three months right??

No comments:

Post a Comment